Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Day

The day, where did it go?

I stay so busy that sometimes it is so easy to look up and another day has quickly faded away. Even now as I began this blog I decided to go get a quick glimpse of the sunset only to find that it had slipped away as well and the sky was beginning to fade into the early shadows of evening.

Where does it go? One minute it is there and the next it is gone. A shadow, a whisper, a fleeting moment. There, then gone. I wish that I knew. The breeze stirs and I catch myself just trying to freeze the moment so that it can be enjoyed. Always fleeting, always just beyond my grasp, always............

The day, it is now gone.

Hope lingers though, for tomorrow is a whole new day.

GW



  

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to be busy sometimes...but we need to find times to refresh our soul. What better way than to be out in God's glorious creation. I love your sunset photo. I'm glad I clicked on it to see the larger version. It is spectacular! If I ever move away from Texas I will miss these fiery exclamations at the end of the day. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete