Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Do You Ever....


... go for a walk in the early morning while all is quiet and dark?

... look at the stars and get lost in their vastness?

... sit in the late summer evening and listen to the locust sing?

... listen to the trees as the wind soflty caresses their leaves?

... watch the ocean as the tide gently rolls in and out?

... smell the air as the summer rain clouds begin to build?

... see the lightning flash as it rolls through the clouds?

... marvel at the rainbow as the storm subsides and rolls away?

... whisper in the wind as you feel the season begin to change?

... miss the days that have slipped away and are gone forever?

... look in the mirror and say who are you?

... wonder why God is so quiet at times in your life?

Do you? Do you ever?

2 comments:

  1. "...wonder why God is so quiet at times in your life?"

    Yes! I do wonder. Usually I blame myself for not being pious enough, or prayerful enough, or just not enough...of something. But that's just me. :) I hope whatever you are going through will eventually lead to a place of peace and contentment.

    As for those early morning walks, I wish I could. I am not a morning person but I wish I was!

    Hope you have a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that we all wonder. Most of us have been taught that we are not to question God, but I believe that God is big enough to handle any question that we might have. We however might not be big enough to handle his answer.

    My question to you Louisiana Belle is what is enough? Is enough based upon our actions, our thoughts, our deeds? What? When is enough, whatever it might be, really enough?

    ...and again I say, do you ever wonder why God is so quiet at times in your life?

    Thank you for your comments "Belle".

    I hope that you have a great day.

    GW

    ReplyDelete