Saturday, December 11, 2010

Secrets

We all have them. Some we guard better than others, some we really don't guard at all. Some we will take to the grave with us and some, ..................some were destined to be found out.

When I first began this blog back in May, it was my little secret. It is not that it was anything bad or something that needed to be hidden, it was just mine. I never had any intention of anyone knowing who Ghostwriter really was. The problem with that is the same problem that you usually encounter with most secrets. A slip here or a slip there and suddenly your secret is no more. Such is the case with my blog. My plan was to never tell a soul about it and then a friend of mine asked me point blank if I had a blog and I stuttered and stammered and then I simply said yes because I did not want to lie. That seemed like no big deal. I have never met this friend and we only speak on a rare occasion in the business world. Next my wife and I sat down at my computer one night and ghostwriter was stilled logged in, so naturally the question was "who is ghostwriter?". Next was my daughter, after my wife found out I would occasionally leave my blog up on my home computer while I was working on it, never thinking that someone would come by and see my work. Needless to say she came by. Oh well, I write things that mean nothing and amuse only me so who cares if a little secret has escaped.

My wife and I have a few secrets of our own. They are not bad secrets, they are funny secrets. Occasionally one of us will do something really stupid and we will look at the other one and say "this will be our secret". Sometimes even years down the road all we have to do is just make a little comment and the other will laugh and know exactly which secret we are laughing about.

Sometimes secrets can be a beautiful thing between people and sometimes it can be this monster that is ruling your life. This all goes to show that secrets have a life of their own. Mine was a harmless little secret that was found out. What secrets are you hiding and hoping against hope that they will never be found out? Secrets can and will come to life when you least expect them to.

The one thing that I have figured out is that a secret only has power while it is still a secret. Once it is revealed, it's power and it's allure is gone forever.

GW

2 comments:

  1. Well, at least it's out in the open now and you can quit "guarding" it. Ben Franklin said: "Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead." :)

    I hope you'll continue to write and express yourself.

    If I don't talk to you before then, hope you have a Blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually started to use that quote. Have a great day.

    GW

    ReplyDelete